Director of Financial Modeling Position
You may apply for this position at the bottom of this page. No phone calls please.
Top players in the U.S. CRE business turn to REFM when they need expert help modeling a single transaction or a fund, when they must ensure the integrity of their in-house models, and when they need to train their employees in Excel-based financial modeling.
Since its inception in 2009, REFM has assisted its consulting clients in their modeling for the eventual raising and placement of billions of dollars of equity and debt capital for their endeavors.
REFM models a wide variety of transactions up and down and the capital stack and across geographies, property types and business models. REFM works exclusively in Excel. REFM does not use Argus.
REFM is seeking a Director of Financial Modeling to be a top performer in the company.
Position Title: Director of Financial Modeling
Reporting to: Bruce Kirsch, Founder & CEO
Manager of: Analyst pool
- Run advanced CRE client transaction analyses in existing suite of REFM Excel-based templates and interface with clients on results
- Enhance the existing suite of REFM Excel template products
Build custom templates and conduct model audits per client requirements
- Assist in detailed discovery of prospective client requirements
- Author proposals for new prospective consulting engagements
- Provide support to Excel template purchasers
- Train to become an REFM Instructor for eventual corporate and university live training delivery assignments.
- You consider yourself to be in the top 5% of financial modelers among your peers
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive Excel-based modeling specific to CRE transactions
- Love of creative problem solving
- Willingness to receive constructive criticism and continue learning
- Meticulousness and carefulness
- Perseverance/stubbornness to get to the answer independently
- Clear communication style
- Discretion for confidential client matters
- Willingness to step in where needed
- Positive attitude.
Why work at REFM?
- Highly entrepreneurial team with no bureaucracy or office politics
- Standing/sitting desk setup
- Computer hardware allowance
- Competitive compensation package
- Health care
- Opportunity for rapid growth and advancement.
This is a full-time position located in charming downtown Decatur, GA (just outside of Atlanta). Initially you will work from home; eventually you will work in our office. Some air travel may be required for client work.Please use a filename unique to you, not “Resume.doc”. If after attempting to upload, you get an error message that “the file you uploaded already exists”, rename your file with a more unique filename and try again.
Director of Financial Modeling Resume Upload
REFM Consulting Clients
CBRE Global Investors
Eider Creek Capital
Federal City Property
Insight Property Group
Trammell Crow Residential
REFM Training Clients
ASB Capital Management
CBRE Global Investors
Hodes Weill & Associates
Square Mile Capital
USAA Real Estate